Thursday, May 19, 2011

The last cut is the deepest.

I did my last scarf joint the other day. I just thought I'd say.

Chris did the last let in the bows.

I planed the last plank last night.

Chris was commenting, as he often does, that it's almost a shame that we've got to the last plank, because we've got into quite a rhythm in terms of scarf/glue/prepare/glue with the planks, and seem to have finally got the hang of it. He's right, it takes about 10 planks to become competent in planking. The benefit of this is that the later planks are above the waterline and therefore obviously more visible to the punters. The drawback is that our early work is below the waterline, so we'll probably sink.

Before
After.
The last scarf - Actually not one of my best, clearly familiarity does breed contempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment