Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A stem and Astern.

Having had confirmation from Alec that we needed to fix our error, and the rather unnerving opening line from him that suggested "First, carefully cut the sternpost from the hog..." I put my mind to a solution.

Luckily, I hadn't glued the hog to the stem, so it was simply a case of working out where the transom knee crossed the sheer and moving the hog back before securing to the apron.

I swear I didn't make all that mumbo-jumbo up, and it all actually happened, but I would be lying if I said I didn't make it kind of more boatbuildery than it needed to be.

Alright - in English - I moved the inner keel back a bit till it was in the right place.

Anyway, the important thing is the measurements are now more accurate and we have a benchmark for other "Badgers" to be built. (We intend all subsequent Waikato rows to be races, and we'll need competition).

Anyway, crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment