Sunday, September 19, 2010

A silly idea.

This first post is intended to give you an idea of a rather silly venture that my friend Chris has persuaded me join him in.


I am not sure why he wants to do it, but Chris wants to row down the Waikato river in a  skiff. I can only think he asked me along because I have a garage almost long enough to build the boat in. Oh, did I mention we have to build the skiff, not having found one suitable in New Zealand.

So, the conversation goes something like this

"Do you fancy rowing down the Waikato river in a camping skiff", says Chris.
"Sure", says I..

A few days pass, and another conversation...

"I'd like to do it in a camping skiff", says Chris..
"Sure" says I.

A few days pass..

"How big's your garage ?" says Chris.. And on it goes..  I think the latest conversation involved me buying the kit...

No comments:

Post a Comment