Friday, October 1, 2010

It's arrived.

Due to a slight hiccup in getting my contract renewed, I found myself unemployed for the day today. Coincidentally, I was emailed yesterday by the ever-helpful Robert from Nisboats to tell me my package had just left Auckland.

So I decided to spend my first morning of unemployment clearing out the garage for the huge pile of wood that would be arriving later in the day. Something like the picture to the right.

I got the call from the truck driver to check that I would be "on-site" to take delivery. This was it, Harry and I were waiting to help the driver off with the load.

It was a big truck....

It wasn't a big pile of wood...

Amazingly, Nisboats seem to have come to an arrangement with IKEA to create a flat-pack boat kit. While the pallet was the biggest I have ever seen, they have managed to pack the boat in a brown envelope.  I took a poor quality photo..

Can you tell what it is yet ?
Oh, and in case you thought I would have it built by next weekend Chris, unfortunately my period of unemployment ends on Monday and I have to go back to work. 

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of one of the world's great jokes...

    Wigan Depot Manager, to Driver and Mate - "'Ey up, tha's gorra load o'wood fer London tomorra..."

    Driver - "A'nt never bin ter London befoor Gaffer, hows'ta get theer?"

    Manager - "Eeee, 'eck lad, bloody simple. Tha gets on't motorway, follows't signs fer London, stret past Birmingham, gerron't M1, stret doown, and tha hits London efter aboot a cuppel of hoowers".

    The next day, they set off. Eventually they hit the Brent Cross roundabout, and get onto the Edgware Road...

    Driver to Mate - "Well lad, wiv dunnit. 'Ere, catch that bloke walkin' 'is dog theer...".

    Mate to Bloke with dog - "'Ere Mate, is this London?"

    Bloke to Mate - "Absolutely, old boy. Er, why do you ask?".

    Mate to Bloke - "Where do you want 't'wood?"?

    ReplyDelete