Friday, October 15, 2010

Just in case you thought we'd forgotten to build the boat.

Just a quick note to say we haven't forgotten to build the boat. Or fill in the blog for that matter.

Last weekend the majority of the Strongback was constructed in the garage. My car now lives outside, and I can't get to my beer making fridge. Remind me to write something about the beer making fridge, it was a school project for my son Jack, he got an "achieved".

I have looked up Strongback on Wikipedia to see if it was worth linking to some really useful information for you.

It wasn't, I can summarise in a much more entertaining fashion.

From Wikipedea
  1. a strongback is a beam or a girder that acts as a secondary.. oh never mind, it's very dull. 
  2. The name of a band formed by former members of that well know act "Palladium" (not to be confused with the Australian band of the same name), or
  3. The name of at least three Caribbean Herbs. I can think of at least 10 other names for Caribbean herbs, and none of them are strongback.
Anyway, we are making good progress, but the pictures on my iPhone are a bit grainy, so I'll get Chris to take some with his digital camera - here's an unlicensed strongback image from t'internt while we wait. I think this one is bowed in the middle a bit.



A big Strongback in someones back garden, this is probably
what Noah's neighbours saw when they first started to get
suspicious of the incessant hammering.


2 comments:

  1. an achieved is a great mark!
    love your greatful son jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack, you may have got an achieved in Design Tech, but you have just got a big "NOT ACHIEVED" in English - please check your spelling. You can be great and full, and you can be grateful. But not Greatful

    ReplyDelete