Friday, October 22, 2010

Separation Anxiety (in more ways than one)

Bad news, work has stopped on site for a few days. Two things have happened.
  1. Chris has gone on holiday, and as most tasks require a fair amount of chatting, I am rather scuppered.
  2. I fell off my bike.
On the way home last night, a considerate motorist decided he wanted to change lanes without checking his (or her) mirrors. Luckily, my quick reactions meant I could grab a handful of brakes before I damaged his (or her) paintwork. Unluckily, my four piston radial monobloc caliper brakes were slightly too good and locked up my front wheel and the bike disappeared from under me. The results are as shown below.


A rather scratched Triumph Daytona, missing
the indicator and a chunk of plastic.


A separated shoulder
  

















As it happens, I am away this weekend anyway so wasn't going to do any work on the boat anyway.

Hopefully, I'll be out of the sling next week and can crack on with the moulds.

4 comments:

  1. Of course I am devastated. It was a beautiful bike, though maybe this time you'll dip into your pocket and actually replace the busted bits. ~Sorry about the shoulder, too... maybe you can just do a bit of sealing of the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not devastated, just pleased I didn't sign up to row at Masters Nationals....with 2 seat missing what chance would we have now....or are you going to do a "Lazurus" and rise from your bed Joe??

    Hope the shoulder repairs quickly and you get back to the important building bits

    ReplyDelete
  3. That seperated shoulder looks awful, is it actually a picture of yours in its present state or is it just for sympathy?
    your slightly concerned sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it's a shoulder off the internet - mine is much worse.

    ReplyDelete