Friday, January 21, 2011

Jiggy Jiggy Part 1.

Having spent 20 minutes cutting an average/poor scarf joint with my second hand No. 4 Stanley plane, I decided to see if we couldn't automate the process. Also, I work opposite a DIY store and the lure of more power tools was just too much.

I bought myself a router.

Just an aside for the antipodean audience - a router in this case, is pronounced rowt-er. In all other cases, it's pronounced root-er. Particularly in the case of data (pronounced day-ter, not dah-tah) switching equipment. This caused much mirth and merriment when I first worked in Australia. A typical conversation over there would go something like this -

bogan
"Did you Router"
 
Bruce - "I met a lovely Sheila last night"

Cobber - "Did ya root er?"

Can you see where the confusion may lie.

Moving on.

I bought a router, in part 2 I will describe how we turned this into a really useful scarfing jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment