Friday, November 26, 2010

Bargains,Bikes and Boats.

You'll have noticed a theme, I like bargains, bikes and boats. For instance, I fell off my bike, going to boat loading and couldn't build my boat. Unfortunately I'd got a bargain on my insurance, so the excess was a whopping $1,500!

Spotting my weakness for a good deal the bike shop have used the other $5,000 the insurance company were paying to make me an offer I can't refuse on a new Triumph. Instead of paying the $1,500 for the excess, I just have to part with another $2,000 to ride away on this brand spanking new Thruxton Special Edition (it's white, not red, apparently that's special).

Not one to pass up a bargain, I had to say yes.

I am not sure if I actually want it, and I did kind of like my old bike, despite it's attempts to kill me.

Anyway, this is the new bike, it's called a "Cafe Racer", I think the idea is you sit in a cafe drinking coffee, talking about racing whilst looking at your bike.

Oh, Chris and I have set aside a couple of hours to work on the boat tonight, we'll be fabricating the sternpost and admiring my spokeshave.

No comments:

Post a Comment