Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What not to wear... (and a shameless plug for the D8)

Right - on the eve-eve-eve of the masters national champs in Twizel, that I am not attending due to a combination of a separated shoulder and a total lack of organisation, I thought I would discuss dress code in the boat.

It was Wellington RC's 125th anniversary last season. As part of the celebrations and in honour of our founding fathers and mothers, we reverted to our original pink. Although sensibly we didn't choose to go the whole hog and wear the white "plus fours". Well, all but one of us, who had an experimental pink and white row suit (see below). It did prompt quite a lot of feedback during the season.

The current (for three more days) D8 national champs sporting gold medals
and pink livery. I'm the one in the pink and white rowsuit, using my hat to
good effect. Chris is on the far left as you look at the picture. He is striking a
rather camp pose,  I think the pink suits him rather well.

So our thoughts turn to this season. The club have reverted back to burgundy and white, but we will have a free rein while attempting our world record attempt down the (mighty) Waikato.

Suggestions that we dress in period costume have been mooted, and I am tempted. But an email the other day has given me food for thought. If I can wear a pink and white rowsuit, surely I can wear this.

Yes, this is a roman centurion row suit. Brilliant!

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! It comes with built in abs and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only presume you are talking about my pink row suit ?

    They are my "abs".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh.... yeah, sure, ok, why not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, centurion

    ReplyDelete