Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Meanwhile, up North



It has got a bit nippy here in Wellington: they say it's the worst weather for 35 years. It is certainly unusual - I have never seen snow here in the 7 years since I arrived. Of course, much of the disruption it causes is simply because people are so unused to it.

Brooklyn in the snow

One effect of this is that it has not been possible for Joe and me to crack on with the task of scraping and sanding excess glue from the inside of the hull: I had to abandon my car this afternoon and Joe has no beer left, so it's too much to ask for him to go into his garage to face the desolate sight of an empty beer fridge.

In the meantime, Jock and his chums (see one of the earlier blogs) are making great progress towards the Magnetic North Pole.


Jock (centre, front) appears to have got his leg stuck in the ice.

Have a look at their website: it's exciting stuff: www.rowtothepole.com


No comments:

Post a Comment